Sunday, July 10, 2011

Visiting Chefs at Aunt Sarah's Cafe

For Father's Day this year I decided to try something different. My neice and nephew and my daughter cooked all day for our Father's Day dinner. I helped them but mostly they did all the work. They picked cherry tomatoes in the garden and roasted them for 3 hours and made a wonderful sauce to pour over cream cheese and that made a wonderful appetizer.
The sweetest kids EVER.
They set the table and made place cards.
They got the drinks ready.
They made the salad, and the bread, and and baked the potatoes and in between jobs they went swimming. That explains why these chefs work in wet bathing suits.
We celebrated with my dad, my brother and my husband - all wonderful fathers. The steaks were prepared by my husband since it didn't seem like a good idea for the kids to cook those. When it was over we had cheese cake with fresh strawberries prepared by the visiting chefs. Then the chefs became kitchen help and washed all the dishes. They never complained once. They had a great time and felt such a sense of pride at what they had accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment