Wednesday, March 16, 2011

So much work. So little time.

I planted 150 of these last fall. They are blooming now and they are just beautiful.

I am hoping the rose bush survived this last cold snap. It was in the 30s for the past two nights and this rose bush wasn't wrapped with protective frost blanket. I'll let you know how it goes.
Spring is here and the beds are looking great. In a few more weeks they will be incredible.
These pictures got out of order, but this is what has been going on. Cement was poured.
After all the cement was poured.
Before the cement was poured.
Before.
After
There were two little rooms that didn't get a face lift when we moved in. We are working to finish this now.
AND, my most prized project is the clothes line that was installed a few weeks ago. Other that your heating and a/c unit, the biggest drain on energy from your house is the dryer. I am not actually trying to cut down on the electric bill (although that would be nice). I am mostly trying to capture the memories of childhood. My grandmother dried her sheets and towels on the line and they smelled so nice. I hid my clothes line in a sunny but not often seen part of my yard so it is not very obvious. It will be used so much during the summer when the kids get out of the pool and have lots of wet beach towels to dry. I hope things are going well at your house too.

No comments:

Post a Comment