Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Effort.

House #1
While everyone I know is getting ready for the World Series tonight my daughter and I are out taking pictures of houses and evaluating fall curb appeal. We do this A LOT. We do not just evaluate fall curb appeal but, curb appeal in general. It's one of our favorite things to do right about sunset when we have about 20 or 30 minutes to kill.

So let's start with House #1. First of all, you can hardly beat a white house with black shutters and a red door. With that statement alone you say, 'hey, I've got some style.' If you add some pots and pumpkins and a wreath you are good to go. Two thumbs up, red door.
House #2
These people went to great effort with pumpkins, corn stalks, scarecrows, flowers and combined the TCU theme with it. Great job. Lot's of effort and style.
House #3
House #3 is lovely and simple. A scarecrow and wreath make a nice statement. I wish you could see the whole yard..... It is fabulous. They put wreaths on their garden gates also.
House #4
Again, simple is always nice. House #4 has fall folage in beautiful urns and a colorful wreath against a black door. I saw this from a block away and drive straight to this house. Lovely.
House #5
House #5 is the winner in the Halloween category - in my humble opinion. The picture doesn't do this decor justice. It is really fabulous.

House #6
House #6 is house is super great. I don't know who lives here but, they decorate big time for every holiday. This is fabulous fall decorations mixed with TCU spirit. I love the pumpkin head TCU cheerleaders.
Major effort here. In my opinion you don't have to 'go big' on the decorations for the season. Simple works well too. Simple is always easier to clean up and store when the season's over. Now, go sweep off that front porch and put your pumpkins out.

No comments:

Post a Comment